Manning Cartell Spring/Summer 2015 Show
Hair by Goldwell
Hair Director: Dale Delaporte of Prema
Wednesday 15th April, 2015 – 5pm
The Manning Cartell design duo were pleased to partner with the global brand for their 10th Anniversary show, "We are very excited to partner with the Goldwell team & the creative Dale Delaporte for MBFWA and throughout 2015, we feel it is a great partnership with Manning Cartell. The hair creation for the show is both sporty and glamourous which completes the look for our SS15 Introduced Light collection."
Hair Director Dale Delaporte took inspiration from the patterns and textures of the fabric when working the 70's references into the hair look. "In our creative discussions words like
volume, asymmetry, pop art and retro all stuck with me. When I saw the collection I was immediately drawn to the slightly reflective shimmer overlaying those retro patterned jackets and dresses. Next to them on the rack were a few of their rougher textured mesh tops. I loved the contrast!"
"The beauty of this look is that depends on the angle you see it to which part grabs your attention. From the front of course, it's all about that fringe - heavy, unbroken and uber sexy. On the right, you get that flow from the hardness of the fringe right through to the weightlessness of the profile. The left gives you that raked up front few inches, to toughen the look up. And the back gives you nothing but pillowy, textured waves. The strength in the silhouette, the sexiness of the fringe, and that hint at vintage retro glamour that you get from both the shape and texture are all nods to the Manning Cartell women, and you can see that throughout the entire collection."
Delaporte worked with the Goldwell StyleSign product range to create the Manning Cartell show look.
To achieve the Manning Cartell hair look, follow Dale Delaporte of Prema salon's step-by-step instructions below:
- Take a deep, diagonal side part finishing at the outer corner of the left brow. Without losing parting, section from ear to ear intercepting the crown and clip front away
- Apply StyleSign Power Whip evenly throughout back area until the hair is saturated, then blow dry in sections with plenty of root lift.
- Using a small hot tong, create movement in the back by winding generous sized sections of hair around the tong, so as to not create curl. This step is for creating movement to be manipulated later.
- Take a two-inch section on the occipital bone from ear to ear, leaving one inch around hairline for coverage. Scalp braid this section and then double over braid and pin into a spiral reaching to either end. Add padding to the area surrounding and pin firmly to the braid.
- Saturate front left section with StyleSign Glamour Whip and dry, while stretching the hair upwards towards the crown, then spray lightly with StyleSign Magic Finish and hold in place with crease free clip to set.
- Move to right side and apply StyleSign Glamour Whip until saturated. Take the bottom two inches and dry, stretching directly back with zero volume.
- Take the front inch of free hair and dry with zero root lift forward over face. Over direct hair closer to parting just slightly to the left to give extra swing in the fringe.
- Repeat with remaining sections, progressively directing hair more diagonally forward as you get to less and less hair left over. This will ensure there are no holes.
- Apply a small amount of StyleSign Roughman to the very top layer of the fringe area to maintain a solid, and smooth surface. Then, using a very fine bristle brush, shape the fringe to sit forward and skimming the bridge of the nose to then cover the right eye. Occasionally mist with StyleSign Magic Finish over the top to help grip the brush and keep the desired shape.
- Continue shaping until the fringe covers the eye and curves to tuck behind the ear. Secure fringe section to behind the ear with a small pin, leaving hair above for hiding the pin under.
- Lightly brush out the rest of the hair, being sure not to lose any volume, then collect the hair in the bottom section of hair, and following the direction of the hair, loosely tie off with a small elastic to remove bulk and allow easy styling finish.
- While spraying the hair with StyleSign Naturally Full loosen up and create the desired shape in the back. Being sure to accentuate where that padding was place earlier.
- Use a small amount of StyleSign Roughman and rake through the left side in front of the ear, keeping that upward motion and spray with StyleSign Sprayer to secure.
- Remove any clips still in the hair, and use more StyleSign Sprayer through the fringe area to keep shape and create a glossy sheen.
- Spray StyleSign Magic Finish through the back are of the hair to keep texture in place, and make the most of that volume.