GALANNI SPRIN/SUMMER 2015/16 FASHION SHOW
MAKE UP BY MAKE UP STORE
Director – Maria Gabriel
Wednesday 15th April, 2015 – 7pm
Make Up Store was thrilled to act as the make up partner for the GALANNI Spring/Summer 2015/16 Fashion Show for the second year running. After working on their debut show, the brands have joined forces once again to bring GALANNI's 2015/16 collection to the runway.
"We loved working with Make Up Store," gushed the mother/daughter design duo, Catherine and Lenna Vasilas, "Maria completely took our ideas and turned them into reality, so she was our go-to once again in 2015. This year we wanted the make up to be elegant and sexy all at once, glowing skin, smokey eyes and a beautiful lip – we love what Maria has created and the beautiful Make Up Store pigments have once again made our beauty dream into a stunning reality."
Maria Gabriel loves the 2015/16 make up for GALANNI, "This look is just beautiful. I love fresh, glowing skin with a smokey eye and this is perfect for the GALANNI woman, a modern and strong woman who is still very feminine and refined. This year's collection called for a rich, chocolate and gold smokey eye to help complement the look, without overpowering the range."
To learn about the techniques and products used by Maria Gabriel in creating the look, please see below:
- Lightly conceal and prime with "Eye Primer"
- Apply a base of Microshadow "Brown Sugar", gently pressed on upper inner corners of eyelids
- Microshadow "Spirit" applied and build up at upper outer 'V' and softly blended through crease and upper lash line
- Microshadow "Deadly" pressed on upper outer corner of eyes for depth
- Microshadow "Bronze" pressed through the middle of the eyelids and blended into other shades
- Microshadow "Masai" blended through the crease-line to soften off the edges
- Cake Eyeliner "Black" run along upper lash line, slightly thickened up at outer corners
- Eyelashes curled and "Drama Mascara" applied. Individual lashes applied if necessary
- Eyeliner "Black" and Microshadow "Spirit" smudged and blended along bottom outer lash line followed by Eyeliner "Gold Digger" run along the inner waterline
- Eye Dust "Morning Breeze" mixed with water to form a rich gold metallic eyeliner and applied at the inner upper and lower lash lines
- Eyebrows filled in with "Tri Brow" strong enough to frame and balance the smokey eyes
- Prep with moisturiser then prime with "Skin Serum"
- Mix "Illuminizer" with "Liquid Foundation" and apply all over the face and blend down the neck and through the décolletage.
- Conceal where required with "Eazy Covers" and "Reflex Covers"
- Highlight along the cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose and the cupid bow with High Tech Lighter "Venus"
- Lightly set base with Micronized Compact Powder "Translucent" avoiding the highlighted areas
- Highlight and set the rest of the base with "Wonder Powder"
- Contour with strong emphasis under cheek bones with Micronized Compact Powder "Chocolate"
- Apply Blush "Sugarpink" through apples of the cheeks and blend into contour
- Outline and fill in lips with Lipliner "Cherie"
- Fill in lips with Lipstick "Redwood"
About Make Up Store
Make Up Store is a cutting-edge, Swedish make up brand, which has been in existence for over 24 years. Starting as one of the first make up academies in Sweden in 1990, Make Up Store quickly expanded and began creating their own product ranges, which soon led to the introduction of Make Up Store boutiques. Since launching the first boutique retail store in Stockholm, Sweden 15 years ago, Make Up Store is now sold in over 200 locations in 23 countries around the globe.
With a heritage rooted in education, Make Up Store continues to place its focus on teaching consumers, not just selling to them. As a creative and dynamic company, Make Up Store is always on the frontier of developing innovative products and launching new trends. Within the product line lies a "World of Colours" that are adjustable to fit everyone. Along with education, colours have been a focus since the very beginning. The products contain rich pigmentation and are produced from top quality ingredients. They have not been tested on animals and do not contain any perfume which makes the whole range allergy-friendly.
In 2005, Make Up Store published the first issue of makeup magazine, M. M includes not only an endless source of inspiration but also instructions and advice to help consumers create the ultimate look with their makeup. M is a place where some of the world's leading makeup artists meet and where consumers can celebrate in their creations and achievements.