Saturday, April 16, 2016

FOOD - COCONUT RICE

 

So although I made and LOVEEEED like realllllllly LOVED LOVED Chrissy Teigen's coconut rice (and the fact that before her cookbook I probably never would of tried it) I wanted to make a faster and easier version and also healthier.... so I did!

This is perfect for me when the Hubby isn't home for dinner and I can just quickly make it for me and then enjoy my 'me time' :-) (that and the hubby doesn't eat rice - rice is like my all time favoruite thing in the world, I can eat it all day everyday with nothing with something, plain or full of spices!)

Anyway here is my version...


METHOD

(Serves 2)

Heat a small can or 400ml of coconut milk, a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of sugar in a saucepan
Once milk is boiling add a packet of brown rice (the kind that you buy and is ready in 2mins)
Reduce heat and let the rice simmer and absorb the milk while stirring occasionally (aprx 10mins)  
Meanwhile in a dry saucepan roast some coconut flakes till lightly browned
Once the rice resembles a creamy risotto texture add and stir in half of the roasted coconut flakes
Dish rice into bowl and serve with a sprinkling of the remaining coconut flakes on top! :-)

 INGREDIENTS
+
BUY ONLINE

Organic Coconut Milk

Brown Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment