Tuesday, February 3, 2015

VEGAN LIFE - BEING VEGAN

For Alison

 

Thank you for your email!!!!
Happy to hear that I have inspired you to be vegan!!!

It really isn't that hard... it's just a little more effort which is a good thing as you will be baking and cooking your own food which means less preservatives and no 'fake food"!

Peanut butter and Oreo's are my life savers!
I even dip my Oreo's in the peanut butter jar!!!

I was not 100% vegan on my last holiday and when I got back I would sometimes still have a piece of cake/chocolate which had everyone picking on me saying 'that's not vegan' or "I thought you were vegan?' (and I get soooo many people picking on me that I try to be vegan) but bottom line is who cares what others think!

Society creates labels and I break them.

If I want to have something because my body is craving it I will have it!
I listen to my body that's all.. So if I'm 95% vegan well than that's what I am.
I do not however eat any kind of meat but a salmon fillet I might if I feel I need it.

As long as I know I try and that I'm making a difference that's all that matters to me!

I have just discovered soy custard which is sooooo delicious and vegan cheese so I hardly ever get tempted anymore, I just make my own cheese pizza now! :-)
(Also a lot of pizza places not have dairy in their base, if so just ask for a pizza without cheese - simple and easy)

Once you find the substitute for all the things you like it will be a breeze.


MY TIPS

 VEGAN SWAPS


MY INSPIRATION FOR BAKING


MY CREATIONS

Vegan cake/cupcakes - so easy!!!
Buy the Greens Vanilla Cake Mix and use soy milk instead of regular milk, nuttalex butter instead or regular butter and add two tablespoons of chia seeds instead of eggs and for the icing buy the Betty Crooker ready to frost vanilla icining! YOU WILL BE AMAZED!
Greens all purpose muffin mix is also a good one and just do the same and add blueberries, apple or banana to the mix :-)

 Vegan pancakes 
Tip - to ease into it being vegan buy the Macro Organic Pancake Mix in the bottle and add soy milk instead of regular milk and pop some chia seeds into the mix as well! 
 Vegan Chocolate Delights
 Buy some dark cooking chocolate and melt a fair amount with a little bit of soy milk into a bowl (I just microwave it for about a minute) stir in some crushed peanuts, coconut flakes and sultanas. Spread it out onto baking powder or roll them up into balls. Pop them in the fridge for a little while and then enjoy!
I sometimes just drink the mix without the sultanas ORRRRR sometimes I melt the mix without the sultanas and pour it over some of my vegan cupcakes (without the icing) and eat till my hearts content! IT IS AMAZING!!!!

Vegan Peanut Butter & Jelly Oats
I use the Macro Organic Oats and Vita Soy Milky Lite milk to heat up the oats, then I just stir in some peanut butter and jelly!
(DID I MENTION I'M OBSESSED WITH THE SOY MILKY - ITS A DREAM)

 Vegan Frappe
 In a blender blend soy milk, ice and Oreos!

Vegan Tortilla Soup
Add vegetable powder stock to boiling water, stir in canned tomatos, corn, beans and some fresh or canned capsicum let it sit for about 5mins and then serve with a drop of guacamole or sliced fresh avocado and lots of white corn tortilla chips! MMMMMMM! My husband loves this soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment